Q: Why should I buy my glasses at Consulting Optical?
A: We offer superior quality and service at competitive prices and guarantee 100% satisfaction. We offer a wide variety of frames to meet every budget as well as designer frames. Our highly skilled and experienced Licensed Opticians are able to determine the best lenses for your visual needs, including the latest in optical and lens technology. We can speak directly to your physician at Consulting Ophthalmologists, P.C. if necessary to ensure the best optics possible. In most cases, this superior service and products are available at costs much lower than the local chain stores. We also offer free adjustments as well as free minor repairs.
Q: Do you participate in any vision plans?
A: We participate in many insurance and discount plans including AAA, AARP, Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, EyeMed, and Vision Service Plan (VSP). In most cases, we will be able to research your vision benefits on the day that you select your glasses. We also offer several discount choices for our contact lens patients.
Q: What type of warranties do you offer for your glasses?
A: We offer the following warranties:
One year warranty on any manufacturer’s defects. (Please note that we do have some frame lines that offer a two year warranty.) Defective frames will be replaced at no charge one time during this one year period. 30 day restyle warranty if you’re not happy with the look or feel of your glasses.
One year scratch warranty for all scratch resistant lenses. Defective lenses will be replaced at no charge one time during this one year period. Our glare free lenses have a one year warranty. Premium glare free lenses have a two year manufacturer’s warranty.
90 Day doctor’s prescription change redo at no charge for the same lens type. We also offer a 60 day progressive lens non-adapt policy. Lens manufacturers will restyle your progressive lens to a bifocal or single vision lens at no additional charge. There is no refund for the initial progressive lens cost. Replacement of lenses or frames beyond the one year warranty period will be reviewed by optical staff on a case by case basis.
Q: How long will it take for my glasses to be completed?
A: Typically, glasses take anywhere from three to ten days to complete, depending on the type of treatments you order for you lenses. We have some package frames/lenses that can be made in one to two days, depending on your prescription.
Q: Can you fill prescriptions from doctors outside your practice?
A: Yes we can. If you do not have your prescription with you on the day you select your glasses, we can call your doctor to have the prescription faxed to us.
Q: Can you put new lenses into my existing frame?
A: If your frame is in good condition we can certainly put new lenses in it. In most cases, we can electronically trace your frame so that you don’t have to leave your glasses with us while we make your lenses.
Q: Why do I need glasses if I wear contact lenses?
A: It is very important to have a back-up pair of glasses to wear in the event you have an eye health issue and cannot wear your contacts. In addition, you should give your eyes a break at night and on the weekends by wearing your glasses instead of your contacts.
10. We carry a wide selection of designer frames including Silhouette, Prada, Vera Wang, Kate Spade, Coach, and more.
9. We provide free adjustments and minor repairs on your glasses.
8. Our licensed opticians have over 100 years combined optical experience and provide superior service.
7. All our contact lens patients receive 30% off a complete pair of glasses or are eligible for a value package with impact resistant, thinner lenses for $119 complete.
6. We offer a one year warranty on any manufacturer defects on all of our frames. (In some cases the warranty period is longer based on an individual manufacturer’s warranty).
5. We offer a one year scratch warranty for all our scratch resistant lenses.
4. We will restyle your glasses within 30 days of purchase if you are not happy with the look of your glasses.
3. We offer a 90 day doctor’s prescription change redo at no charge.
2. We are providers for many insurance and discount plans including AAA, AARP, EyeMed, and VSP.
1. WE OFFER 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE!